Game Type: Group Game
Age: All ages
Number of Teams: 0
Playing Area: Indoor room
Equipment or Supplies: None
Object of Game: The person in the middle wants to catch the wink murderer before he murders everyone.
How to Play Wink Murder:
One student stands in the middle of the circle of sitting students. One of the sitting students is designated as the “wink murderer”. This person’s job is to make eye contact with other people in the circle and wink at them. When they wink at them, the person must wait ten seconds, then die dramatically. The person in the middle turns around and tries to catch the “wink murderer”.
- Have all students sit in a circle and close their eyes. Walk around the room and tap one person on the head. This person is the “wink murderer”.
- Pick a different child to stand in the middle of the circle.
- The person in the middle will turn around the circle and try to catch the wink murderer.
- The wink murderer will make eye contact with someone in the circle and wink. Once someone has been winked at, he or she will silently count to ten and then die dramatically.
- Play continues until everyone is dead, or the person in the middle has figured out who the wink murderer is.
- The person in the middle only gets 2-3 guesses (depending on the number of players) to correctly identify the murderer. If he doesn’t, the murderer wins.
While playing wink murder, the child in the middle is called to be observant.
Here are some suggested Bible passes to link it to.
1 Peter 5:8 “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”
Ephesians 6:18 – Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,